Junior Ground Control Station (GCS) Operator
"Reimagining the Way You Deliver". Drone Delivery Canada is a publicly traded, disruptive, pioneering, technology company focused on designing, developing and implementing commercially viable, drone-based logistics systems for government, commercial, industrial & retail customers globally. The Company’s patented, fully-integrated hardware/software platform is used as a managed service in a SaaS business model. Drone Delivery Canada is commercialized, operational and early-stage revenue-generating, with a robust sales funnel of global prospects.
Our people are at the heart of the innovation process and joining us means you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate! We are seeking entrepreneurial, smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping our team bring leading drone technology to businesses globally.
TSX.V: FLT; OTC QB: TAKOF; Frankfurt: ABB.F
We currently have a career opportunity for a Junior Ground Control Station (GCS) Operator.
You will make a difference everyday as you navigate the following duties and responsibilities:
• Operate a ground control station (GCS) in flight operations ranging from routine test flights, to full- scale beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) missions
• Analyze flight data and produce actionable conclusions
• Prepare technical reports and documentation pertaining to system designs or test results
• Lead the flight operations team during flight operations
• Pre-flight safety inspections and procedures
• Set up of ground stations
• Education / training in aerospace, aircraft piloting, engineering, or a related field
• Preferred, hands-on experience with electronics, embedded systems, autopilots, or robotics
• Formal UAV Training or Certifications such as:
• UAV / RPAS Ground School
• Transport Canada Pilot Certificate - Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS), Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) - Advanced Operations
• Restricted Operator Certificate - Aeronautical (ROC-A)
• Experience operating UAVs / RPAS visual line of sight (VLOS) and beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS)
• Experience operating experimental unmanned aircraft systems
• Previous experience in UAS flight testing and operations
• Ability to travel for work within North America or International
• Preference will be given to applicants with Transport Canada Small Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS), Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) Pilot Certificate - Advanced Operations
Skills & Abilities:
• Experience in UAS ground control station (GCS) operation and monitoring flight data in real time
• Strong commitment to safety and experience in safety critical system design and / or operation
• Ability to make good decisions under pressure using sound, professional judgment
• High concentration levels required during flight operations
• Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team involving staff, clients and outside agencies
• Strong organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize activities and complete tasks on schedule with limited supervision
• Willingness to work outdoors on multiple days per week
Behavioral Competencies and Personal Attributes:
• Sound professional judgement
• Excellent tracking abilities (able to follow and element on the screen)
• Sequential memory skills (able to accurately follow a sequence of events)
• Mental Alertness
• Ability to understand complex situations, such as the impact of changing weather patterns on flight paths
• Excellent communication skills, able to listen and communicate instructions with accuracy
• Effective team work skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to function in high pressure situations with composure
• Ability to draw effective conclusions from limited information
• Safety first mentality
• Ability to focus in a room where multiple conversations may occur at one
Hours of Work, Work Environment and Potential Travel:
• 37.5 hours per week and some overtime occasionally
• Shift work may be required - 1st shift 6:00 am to 2:00 pm or 2nd shift 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
• Position is predominantly a sedentary function
• Requires occasional travel, up to 1 month continuous
• Valid Class-G driver’s license in good standing and regular access to a personal vehicle required
Diversity & Inclusion
DDC is committed to the creation of an exceptional work environment wherein we maintain values of mutual respect, integrity, dignity, and inclusivity; and encourage the open exchange of ideas and opinions. We are an equal opportunity employer that evaluates applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please inform the recruiter. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place at time of your interview and before you begin your employment.
Your application was submitted successfully.