"Reimagining the Way You Deliver". Drone Delivery Canada is a publicly traded, disruptive, pioneering, technology company focused on designing, developing and implementing commercially viable, drone-based logistics systems for government, commercial, industrial & retail customers globally. The Company’s patented, fully-integrated hardware/software platform is used as a managed service in a SaaS business model. Drone Delivery Canada is commercialized, operational and early-stage revenue-generating, with a robust sales funnel of global prospects.
Our people are at the heart of the innovation process and joining us means you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate! We are seeking entrepreneurial, smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping our team bring leading drone technology to businesses globally.
TSX.V: FLT; OTC QB: TAKOF; Frankfurt: ABB.F
We currently have a career opportunity for a Facilities Maintenance Worker.
Duties & Responsibilities
Facilities Upkeep & Maintenance Duties (70%) -
- Oversee tidiness and overall appearance of the facilities including but not limited to storage, upkeep and organization;
- General repairs and building maintenance such as replacing lightbulbs, tightening bolts on chairs and tables, etc.;
- Providing general services such as installation of TVs and other electronics, assembling furniture, breaking down and recycling cardboard, removing waste, etc;
- General labour duties and seasonal preventative maintenance of our test range and main office;
- Conducting routine maintenance checks on company vehicles and maintaining them clean;
- With support, implementation of 5S standards throughout the facility;
- Conducting routine inspections for equipment in the lab and warehouse;
- Calibration and inspections for lab and warehouse equipment;
- Work with the Office Coordinator by providing status updates on pending maintenance work and coordinating work with contractors;
- Taking initiative to identify areas of improvement and make recommendations to better the facilities;
- Preserve order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the sites pertaining to employees, visitors, and premises;
- Prepare logs and reports as required;
- Adhering to all quality, environmental, safety and health policies plans and procedures;
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Health & Safety Duties (30%) –
- Maintain and manage PPE inventory records and orders as needed;
- Participation in DDC’s quarterly Health & Safety Committee;
- Weekly and monthly coordination of Health & Safety inspections at the office or test range;
- Monthly Health and Safety inspections of fire extinguishers and other equipment;
- Deliver onboarding Health & Safety presentation to new hires;
- Coordinate Health and Safety training for new staff through an online systems software;
- Assist with implementing protocols for COVID19, when required;
- Other duties, as may be assigned.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in general building maintenance, construction or equivalent
- Previous experience with health & safety committee and understanding of safety regulations
- College diploma, high school diploma or equivalent training and experience.
Behavioural Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Must be mechanically inclined and have ability to work with a variety of equipment and tools
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Ability to work safely and comfortably at ladder heights
- Vocational, technical or trades training not required but considered an asset
- Organizational and planning skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Hours of Work, Work Environment and Potential Travel
- Full Time
- 8:30AM - 4:30PM
- 37.5 hours per week and some overtime occasionally
- Valid Class-G driver’s license in good standing and regular access to a personal vehicle required
- Outdoor work, exposure to cold, heat or other weather elements
- Work on ladders and use a variety of handheld tools
Diversity & Inclusion
DDC is committed to the creation of an exceptional work environment wherein we maintain values of mutual respect, integrity, dignity, and inclusivity; and encourage the open exchange of ideas and opinions. We are an equal opportunity employer that evaluates applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please inform the recruiter. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place at time of your interview and before you begin your employment.