"Reimagining the Way You Deliver". Drone Delivery Canada is a publicly traded, disruptive, pioneering, technology company focused on designing, developing and implementing commercially viable, drone-based logistics systems for government, commercial, industrial & retail customers globally. The Company’s patented, fully-integrated hardware/software platform is used as a managed service in a SaaS business model. Drone Delivery Canada is commercialized, operational and early-stage revenue-generating, with a robust sales funnel of global prospects.
TSX.V: FLT; OTC QB: TAKOF; Frankfurt: ABB.F
Our people are at the heart of the innovation process and joining us means you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate! We are seeking entrepreneurial, smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping our team bring leading drone technology to businesses globally.
We are looking for a Project Manager, to be a contributor to the growth and success of the Company. This role manages key DDC projects and reports to the Vice President, Flight Operations & Technology. The Project Manager requires knowledge and experience overseeing the inception, planning, implementation and analysis of projects. They will have the ability to easily identify and articulate vulnerabilities and obstacles, and then work with stakeholders to create innovative solutions to project problems. Projects will include customer field implementations, IT, Safety & Compliance projects and others. They will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are delivered within applicable scope and budget. The role is based out of our Vaughan office but may require some occasional travel. The Project Manager will also have interaction with customers, suppliers, government regulators and strategic partners. The position may evolve additionally to manage a small team of project coordinators.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Use PM best practices for the project management of a variety of key projects at DDC, as well as project KPIs & reporting methodologies
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects related to project management to ensure adherence to project scope
- Liaise with various departments, team members, 3rd party consultants, government agencies and varied stakeholders to ensure projects are on-time and on-budget
- Engage executive team to ensure active participation on project initiatives
- Engage appropriate stakeholders to identify and manage required outcomes of projects for the business
- Support the definition of business and technical requirements by ensuring the integration of technical documentation so that all project business documents and deliverables are signed off and meet business needs
- Compile master project roadmap including workstreams, key activities, milestones, due dates, and utilize project management applications to build out project timelines, track tasks assignment and monitor project progress
- Provide on-going communication to key stakeholders
- Work with finance to ensure the tracking of expected benefits against business case assumptions, as well as the evolution of the project costs baseline
- Ensure the identification of and update to project performance measures, indicators, benchmarks and guidelines to secure that project resources are used appropriately and in conformity with quality standards
- Assess and escalate risk related project to the proper management level when needed
- Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies during project implementation
- Contribute to knowledge transfer by providing functional guidance, peer review, and mentoring
- Other duties as assigned/required from time to time
- A relevant university degree/technical certification (and/or relevant experience)
- Certification in Project management (PMP certification) by a recognized project management organization required
- Experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies highly preferred
- 3 - 5 years of project management experience - preferably gained in technology sectors, transportation, logistics, infrastructure, or engineering
- Experience with project management software such as Microsoft Project Professional and best practices
- Proven high-level of comfort with general technology and engineering concepts
- Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook skills
- Superior English written and verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate multifaceted concepts and critical issues in a simple, compelling and concise manner for presentations and discussions with colleagues, senior management and customers
Behavioural Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Humanistic, social, empathetic contributor who values teamwork, the importance of culture, employee engagement and “the people behind the numbers”
- Skilled relationship manager with a strong ability to build strategic relationships and outstanding cross-functional collaboration skills able to work effectively up, down and across all levels of the organization in a positive, constructive, trusted and non-silo’ed manner
- Ability to simultaneously manage strategic and tactical plans while navigating an evolving business environment
- Professional, confidant, tactfully assertive, proactive, resourceful individual with the demeanor, business maturity, intellect and integrity required to quickly establish credibility and influence others
- Adaptability and flexibility to multi-task and effectively manage multiple customer field projects of varied complexity across multiple geographies & time zones with minimal supervision
- Results driven business leader, analytical in approach, appropriately balancing extreme attention to detail with an appreciation for the big picture
Hours of Work, Work Environment and Potential Travel
- 37.5 hours per week and some overtime occasionally
- 8:30am to 4:30pm
- The position requires some domestic travel, and possibly internationally
- Valid Class-G driver’s license in good standing and regular access to a personal vehicle required
Diversity & Inclusion
DDC is committed to the creation of an exceptional work environment wherein we maintain values of mutual respect, integrity, dignity, and inclusivity; and encourage the open exchange of ideas and opinions. We are an equal opportunity employer that evaluates applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please inform the recruiter. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place at time of your interview and before you begin your employment.
Join our talented team to uniquely position your career and follow us on LinkedIn!