Drone Delivery Canada (DDC), is a pioneering, technology company based in the suburbs of Toronto with a focus on designing, developing and implementing proprietary, commercially-viable drone delivery systems within Canadian and International markets.
Our people are at the heart of the innovation process and joining us means you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate! We are seeking entrepreneurial, smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping our team bring leading drone technology to businesses globally.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Visual Observer (VO). The visual observer at DDC is a member of our ground crew and an integral part of our drone missions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for alerting the safety pilot or Pilot in Charge (PIC) to –
- Ground objects that may present a hazard
- Where varies terrain or other factors may make it difficult for the safety pilot or pilot in command (PIC) to maintain a direct line of sight
- Scan the skies for potential objects
- Scan the skies to identify potential hazards and notify the safety pilot or PIC of those hazards as they arise to take action to avoid those issues.
- Support the safety pilot or PIC in flying within the bounds of what is legally permissible.
- Use radio communications equipment to communicate hazards and location of the drone.
- Conduct site survey procedures and flight route planning.
- Understand and identify risk analysis and terrain analysis.
- Other duties as required.
High Level Overview of Job Requirements:
Skills and/or Competencies:
- Knowledge about scenarios that can impact flying conditions, including weather conditions, ground hazards, and airborne hazards
- Flight regulation awareness, regarding flights over people and other prohibited activities
- Strong commitment to safety and experience in safety operations
- Ability to make good decisions under pressure using sound, professional judgment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team involving staff, clients and outside agencies
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize activities and complete tasks on schedule with limited supervision
- Willingness to work outdoors on multiple days per week and the ability to walk and stand extensively
- Valid G license
- Client friendly demeanor
Hours of Work, Work Environment and Potential Travel
- 40 hours per week and some overtime occasionally
- 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Position is predominantly in an engineering lab, and field projects is expected
- Some travel within Canada required
- Valid Class-G driver’s license in good standing and regular access to a personal vehicle required
Diversity & Inclusion
DDC is committed to the creation of an exceptional work environment wherein we maintain values of mutual respect, integrity, dignity, and inclusivity; and encourage the open exchange of ideas and opinions. We are an equal opportunity employer that evaluates applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for a career at Drone Delivery Canada please send your resume and cover letter to;firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for.
If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please inform the recruiter. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place at time of your interview and before you begin your employment.